Thursday, March 8, 2012

Thoughtful Thursday........Veggies!


This is about as thoughtful as I have been today.
One of my children, who will remain unnamed, woke me up very early this morning.
As I spoke with the child, I half rolled over to see the clock and saw only a 3, and I knew
it was way to early to be opening my eyes, let alone talking to anyone.
Nobody ever tells you that they will never really sleep through the night.
Anyways, my point.  I have really been struggling in the later afternoons with getting sleepy.
I take pretty good care of myself and other than the abundance of bakery goods my precious daughter makes, not a whole lot has changed lately.  I really shouldn't be getting so sleepy.  After some discussion with Troy we decided it would be good to ground her from baking to see if that would help. (When it comes to the girls baked goods I just can't resist.) Results, well maybe not as sleepy, but I for sure can't say I was full of energy.  This week was time to meal plan again and I am always thankful when I am finished.
So today I  went to the store and bought some fresh veggies in hopes to encourage my husband to eat these at work to tide him over from meal time to meal time and to avoid the sweet snacks that sometimes linger.  Normally, Thursday is my out to eat lunch treat.  Today was a little different, I had to get home because we had someone coming to the house to do some work, so no treat for me....or was it.
After I cleaned and cut all the veggies, I decided to eat some of  "Troy's" veggies with my cold tuna noodle salad.  I am sure your thinking TMI, get to the point already.  Ok, I will.  Veggies are good for you.
It is very late in the day and I should be wiped out, but I'm not.  Now, I am starting to slow down some as I sit and post, but overall, I think the veggies gave me the extra boost I needed today.  Ha, and I thought I was helping Troy!  Come to think about it, I haven't had to many fresh, raw veggies in quite some time.  I even bought the organic grown cauliflower and carrots.  Turns out together, they were only 30 cents more than the "other" kind.  Well, I have plans to keep on eating my veggies, because I felt great today and hope to feel this good more often. 
Blessings, Connie

P.S.  My precious daughter is no longer grounded (in case you were worried) and as I type she is mixing up some super sweet treat that I am sure I won't be able to resist.  Good thing it is a treat for a class we have tomorrow:)
P.S.S.  She wasn't really grounded.  Just in case you thought we could be so mean.

No comments:

JOURNEY

Life is not a problem to be solved; it is an adventure to be lived.
~John Eldredge