Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Word Filled Wednesday


"Love is patient, Love is kind.
It does not envy, it does not boast,
it is not proud.  It is not rude,
it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered,
it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil but, 
rejoices with truth.
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes,
always preservers."
1 Corinthians 13:4-7

I was reading in my study this week that, the word patient, 
can actually translate to mean a great suffering, or enduring suffering.
That is exactly what being patient is for me most of the time; suffering.
Might I remember that the next time I have to, 
wait for someone I love, love is patient
travel behind a slow driver, love is patient
wait for a treadmill to open love is patient
listen to teens argue, love is patient,  
submit to my husbands leading, love is patient.
Being patient is showing love, and the suffering I am enduring is 
making me look more like Christ himself.  Simply said, 
"True Love is a servant, who thinks of others and their needs before their own."


Blessings, Connie

No comments:

JOURNEY

Life is not a problem to be solved; it is an adventure to be lived.
~John Eldredge