Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Word filled Wednesday


"It had a great, high wall with twelve gates, and with twelve angels at the gates.  
On the gates were written the names of the twelve tribes of Israel.  
There were three gates on the east, three on the north, 
three on the south and three on the west.  
The wall of the city had twelve foundations, 
and on them were the names of the twelve apostles of the lamb."
Revelation 21:12-14

My thoughts have been filled with how fleeting this life is.  With the new year and a funeral to start it out, it can't be helped.   I am finding myself both looking forward and reflecting.  I wonder for what and how I will be remembered.  As I ponder my life, it has become my prayer to not waste my precious time on the things that are foolishly fleeting.  In my wrestling with one minute your here, then your gone, and my time here is finished, I have been brought to these precious truths.  I will not be robbed of even one breath or be able to sneak in one extra one.  My days are planned and they have been written for me.  My Lord holds each one in his care.  With each circumstance I face He has overseen it and ordained it for my good and His glory.  This life I live now, I plan to live in a way that Glorifies God alone and that I will be loving Him more in each moment.  My photo is from the Netherlands.  When I approached this gate, I was tantalized by it's beauty and found myself wondering who reigned inside.  There is another gate that one day I will approach, and I am so thankful that I won't have to stand on the outside wondering who reigns inside, because I already get to know.  Praising God I get to know Him now and looking forward to the grand entrance on the very day and time He has picked out for me.                      


Blessings, Connie   

2 comments:

Annesta said...

I had the same sort of thoughts today. It is great to be reminded that we are just passing through and not guaranteed a next breath.
Praying the rest of your week goes well.
Blessings
~a

Becky said...

Beautiful thoughts, Connie.

JOURNEY

Life is not a problem to be solved; it is an adventure to be lived.
~John Eldredge