Monday, March 1, 2010

March Word

Welcome March. Today I could smell spring in the air and breathed it in deeply. Last month, I was excited about the word "adoration" much more than January's word "repent". The funny thing about it, was, that I think I was more convicted this month than the last, because it was brought more to my attention of how very pathetic my act of adoration of the Lord is. Oh how I fall short in adoring Him as I should.
Lots of Bible study this month for me: D.A. Carson Prayer Conference, and Women's Retreat with Susie Larson. SO interesting that as I am learning and focusing on one thing, God is prepping for the next. As I sat with Him this morning it was pretty clear that my word for March should be "ABIDE". I have many verses and thoughts that brought me to this place, but I want my posts here to be straight to the point. I always post more details and much longer posts on my other blog if you are interested its listed on the side in my blog roll.(Hoehnes Family Space)
Otherwise here is the verse I will be focusing on for the month:
Zephaniah 3:17-20
The Lord your God is in your midst,
a mighty one who will save;
he will rejoice over you with gladness;
he will quiet you by his love;
he will exult over you with loud singing.
I will gather those of you who mourn for the festival,
so that you will no longer suffer reproach.
Behold, at that time I will deal with all your oppressors.
And I will save the lame and gather the outcast,
and I will change their shame into praise and renown in all the earth.
At that time I will bring you in,
at the time when I gather you together;
for I will make you renowned and praised among all the peoples of the earth,
when I restore your fortunes before your eyes, "
says the Lord."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Connie my word of the month which you already know is "FORGIVENESS". I have a hard time forgiving myself and I was reading a devotion during my quiet time and it was on forgiveness and I felt God really opened my eyes on how important it is to forgive. For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your father will not forgive your sins ( Matthew 6:14-15). That was huge for me to read that verse, and that is my verse of the month. I know God is working and opening my eyes to alot. Thanks again for the words of the month they truly have been a blessing in my life!
Love you,
Sarah

Sara said...

New song.

"I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. he put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD."

Psalm 40:1-3

Kim said...

My whispered word for March: REST

I came to a point in my life when I realized that I couldn't do it all on my own. That I needed His strength. It was at that time in my life (9yrs ago) that I repented and re-committed my life to my Saviour.
Being self-sufficient slowly creeps back into my life from time to time and I found myself struggling with this toward the end of February, early March. So, as God is always so good and gentle, he whispered to me that I needed to REST.
"Stand by the roads, and look,
and ask for the ancient paths,
where the good way is; and walk in it,
and find rest for your souls."
~Jeremiah 6:16

JOURNEY

Life is not a problem to be solved; it is an adventure to be lived.
~John Eldredge