Friday, August 22, 2008

SOL/Connie


Today's SOL, has been inspired by the things I am studying and the rawness of the fragility of this life that we live.
Enjoy,
C

Worlds Apart: Part 1
2 people stand in their front yards just inches from the property line.
One, has groceries on the counter waiting to be put in it's proper place.
The other, just finishing up yard work.
The day is coming to a quick end, but the sunshine, warm air, and sound of waves, invite both to chat a while longer.
One's shoulder tattoo reads; Money, Respect, Power! It is intermingled with dollar signs, ace and jack cards, dice, and a eagle.
The other, wears a bracelet made of water buffalo bone, with the words; Faith, Hope, Love, etched in each piece.
Though the 2 of them stand only inches apart, it seems they are on completely different planets altogether.
By: Connie Hoehne

Luke 12:15-21
"Take care, and be on your guard against all covetousness, for one's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions." And he told them a parable, saying, "The land of a rich man produced plentifully, and he thought to himself, 'What shall I do, for I have nowhere to store my crops?' And he said, 'I will do this: I will tear down my barns and build larger ones, and there I will store all my grain and my goods. And I will say to my, soul, Soul, you have ample goods laid up for many years; relax, eat, drink, be merry.' But God said to him, 'Fool! This night your soul is required of you, and the things you have prepared, whose will they be?' So is the one who lays up treasure for himself and is not rich toward God."

Celebration of Discipline by: Richard Foster
Discipline of Simplicity
"Simplicity also prevails against the tyranny of things. Out of fear that others might discover who we are, we create an artificail world of ostentatious display, extravagant ornamentation, and pretentious style. We call upon the beautician, the tailor, and the dress maker to create an impression of perpetual youth. We buy clothes, cars, and houses beyond our means in a frantic attempt to appear successful."

No comments:

JOURNEY

Life is not a problem to be solved; it is an adventure to be lived.
~John Eldredge