Thursday, February 7, 2013

Why pay more when you can get it for less?...........

This is the question I will be tackling today. Recently Troy and I have been making "juicing" a regular part of our diet. If your familiar with juicing then you know that most people who are unfamiliar with it and hear or see what it is your doing turn their nose up and say, "ewwwwww, your gonna drink what? That looks and sounds disgusting." They may be right on both accounts, but I would totally agree with their second observation. Another thing I wanted to share with you is that for the most part the Hoehne family is pretty healthy. I must confess we, as in, Carter and myself, have just gotten over the touch of the flu. If I had to give it a letter or number, I would call it the 24 hour flu. That is about the duration that it lasted. I only share this with you to get you in a position of where this post has come from and where I am going.

To begin, I woke up at 3:43am this morning and felt normal after feeling a little under the weather. This gave me some time to think and be thankful for good health, not only for myself, but for my whole family really. Other than some really odd weird stuff on the "Hoehne" side we really do have good genes. Once I was up I threw together my morning juice mix in my much loved Ninja! Being thankful for its handy work, I proceeded to throw in an orange that was a blessed gift from someone who loves me dearly and I them. Normally, I am not to picky...lie, yes I am, but not when it comes to free. Anyways, when I shop, I am always trying to get the most bang for my buck without compromising on quality. This is challenging to say the least, and more so when my hubby is with me to help. I normally try to find a middle of the road product, and I usually won't compromise for the cheapest produce. A lesson that was put to the test this morning. The reason I was blessed with the oranges was because of the great deal they got on them......10# for something like $4. I was excited for both the buyer of the oranges and myself until I took my first drink. I have been doing different juicing for a few months now and really, I enjoy them normally. Well, ok, except for the one I put cauliflower in. That was just bad.
Today, I was able to drink it down no problem, but I could tell that the quality of the orange was not there. I know the skeptic in you is saying, "Maybe it was just a dud orange, that happens." I would respond, "Nope, it was just cheap." Makes me wonder if I even received any health benefits from it and if I didn't, I ask, why would I even bother eating/juicing one.
So back to my question, "Why pay more when you can have it for less?" Ah, because, it tastes better and if I want some nutrients, then I should buy one that has some.
Yes, I had some more thoughts as I drank the rest of it down and drove to the gym.
I am cheap, but I won't be cheap when it comes to taking care of my body or my families health. No, I am not afraid of death or aging, I am looking forward to both, not necessarily this minute, but I am not fighting either one.
We spend a solid amount of money on vitamins and other supplements that do a great job keeping us healthy.
Yes they are from Arbonne and yes I sell it and yes I'm bias and would be thrilled to share and even serve you if you were interested in some.
Anyways, I'm sure that Arbonne isn't the only company that sells quality supplements, but if you are taking some I think you should put them to the test. Find some apple cider vinegar and let your supplement sit in it for about 20-25 minutes slightly stirring. Whatever dissolves in that amount of time is about all that your body is able to absorb and then kicks the rest out!
You get what you pay for and normally your paying less because your getting less. I say if your not willing to invest in good oranges and a quality vitamins, save your money and buy a new outfit and pair of shoes from the thrift store, at least you know what your getting ahead of time. You might be battling a cold or the flu, but you'll look cute doing it;)

Pretty Random, I know,
Connie


No comments:

JOURNEY

Life is not a problem to be solved; it is an adventure to be lived.
~John Eldredge