Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Word Filled Wednesday



                                       "But you, man of God, FLEE from all this, and pursuerighteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance, and gentleness.
Fight the good fight of the faith.
Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called
when you made your confession in the presence of many witnesses."
1 Timothy 6:11-12

The Florida Keys!  I had only heard about them and now I can say I have been there.  It is a LONG drive!  All I ever remember hearing about the Keys is fun, sun, and more fun.  As we drove the excitement began to mount.  We made it, Key Largo.  I was thrilled as we browsed the local tourist information hot spot.  We grabbed brochures after brochures that promised all different sorts of fun.  Our expectations were high to say the least.  Snorkeling sounded fun and the price seemed to be reasonable, so off we went.  Who would of thought that it would cost $9 just to enter the State Park to get to the spot you needed to register for the trip.  Then as we entered the building, with everyone else, mind you, I remembered we didn't have any towels.  No big deal, the day was real warm, and we could always buy one that cried out to us while we stood in line.  Our turn!  2 for the snorkeling trip, please.  Then reality set in with her response....."Do you have reservations?"  What?  Reservations?  Were on vacation, who was thinking we needed reservations?  Nope, no reservations for us, so they put us on a waiting list and we were to check back in 1 hour.  Mind you we were about 10th on the waiting list.  No worries, lets just spend some time strolling around the park and check out the beach here.  Needless to say the paths were surrounded by bushy tree like foliage so we couldn't really see the ocean and as you can see from the photo above, you could only go so far.  The beach was in an inlet area, so it wasn't as blue as we had seen during our drive.  I could go on, but I won't.  We had expectations that were not met and I felt myself fighting the urge to complain and become discouraged.  At that moment I needed to flee from my desire to pout and carry on because I am a follower of Christ and even in this small thing God put up the signs to not go there. (Literally)  After a few more hours of driving, you will see below that we did make it all the way to Key West and it was gorgeous. 


"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, 
will award me on the day---and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing."
2 Timothy 4:7-8


Blessings, Connie

No comments:

JOURNEY

Life is not a problem to be solved; it is an adventure to be lived.
~John Eldredge