Thursday, January 5, 2012

George Lucas, Math Corrections, Guinea pig nails, and the smell of Cake Batter!

These are the things that filled my day today!
No, George wasn't over for a visit, one of my children will be presenting a speech on him, this Saturday. It is so well written and he enjoyed the research very much, being that he is the biggest Star Wars fan ever. Today we had a conversion on doing things that are sometimes hard to do. This involved the memory work that goes with presenting a speech. We talked about how sometimes, you have to buckle down and work overtime to get things done and when it is something we don't care for doing it is even harder. Which brings me to the math corrections...............

'Deep sigh'
Oh math corrections! As I speak with my child, I realize, I have approximately 3 weeks or so of math corrections waiting for me. YIKES! My own words convict me. Math was never my favorite to do and it's not my favorite to correct. It may be time to just buckle down and get it done. Now that you all know, I give you, cyber-space, permission to hold me accountable. Just for the record I have been moving it from place to place with me trying to get it done, but have been interrupted.
Which brings me to the Guinea pig nails.....

Teaching Textbooks Algebra 2, Textbook with Answer Key  -
I don't know if you know it or not, but, guinea pigs feet are a very important. They have their major arteries in their feet. They need their nails clipped about once a month and if you clip the nail to far down you could really hurt them. Oh my. Who is going to do this? Not me! So there is a sweet girl named, Stacey, who works at the pet store that does this and she did a great job. We will be seeing her monthly:) Thanks Stacey!!!! She went on about how good our Ruddie is and Carter started to beam. Then when we got in the car, Carter says, "Mom, did you hear how she kept going on about Ruddie and how good she was?" I replied, "Yeah, I did. You know how you feel so proud right now, that is how I feel when someone tells me how good you are." In reward, Ruddie got and apple and Carter a quarter! A lesson learned in this animal adventure.
Ahhhhh, the end of the day. I made it and as I sit and type, the aroma of cake batter fills the air. Cake batter blondies. As good as they smell, they taste 1,000 times wonderful. Oh, the lessons I learn from this child of mine. She just decides she wants to do something and does it. Me, well, I have to work into things. I think about it, talk about it, get use to the idea of it, and then if the feeling doesn't pass, I may do it. I am getting better, especially when it comes to the kitchen, but I have plenty of room to improve.


Thank you Lord for the lessons I learned today.
Thank you Lord for the gifts and talents of my children.
Thank you Lord for the joy of being able to train and teach them.

2 comments:

Annesta said...

Sounds like your day was filled with lots of wonderful events. The cake blondies look so delish!
Hope you have a wonderful weekend.
~a

Fresh Juniper said...

I enjoyed you post, especially the math corrections. Brings back memories of my Dad the math teacher and helping him grade papers.

JOURNEY

Life is not a problem to be solved; it is an adventure to be lived.
~John Eldredge