Friday, January 20, 2012

Dreamer, Nothing but a dreamer......

Funny thing.  When I was young, I would hear, "Follow your Dreams".  As you age, you don't hear it as much or maybe you just quit paying attention to it, realizing they may never happen so why dwell on it.  For me, I'm not sure I really had dreams, well, at least not big ones.  Of course, I dream't of marriage and kids, but I guess, I am talking about the dreams that are along the lines of.....what do you want to be when you grow up, type dreams.  I have always been a very down to earth, practical person.  My dream was to find a good job that I could give my best and enjoy.  To date: being a wife and mom have been the best job I could have ever dreamed of.  (funny, but way back when that wasn't really on my mind)  It is not over yet, but as I prepare my 1st child to think about college, it is a bit of an awakening that this job I hold now will come to a close if I do it right.  With all that being said, the Lord has given me some freedom and encouragement to dream of what is to possibly come.  He has given me some dreams.  I hesitate to even type them out, because the practical side of me, says, "Bah, you could never do that." and the fear that if I tried I may fail.  Here is the list.  I have a heart to teach and share the Lord with people, mainly, women and young people.  I enjoy public speaking, as crazy as that sounds.  Possibly write a book.  Health and Wellness has a special spot to.  I toy around with the idea of opening a business that specializes in products for runners.  The Lord and I are in more of a brainstorming session now and I will wait and see where He leads me.  He has been using Joel 2 to be a blessing and encouragement to me.  I write only to wonder what is to come and also to be able to one day look back and either laugh or see if any of it comes to be.  Do you have any dreams that you hope to one day fulfill or are you living them out?  Let me know, I'd love to hear them.  Happy Dreaming.............
                           
       "your old men (women) shall dream dreams,....." Joel 2:28
                                *gender change is mine.
       Blessings, Connie          

No comments:

JOURNEY

Life is not a problem to be solved; it is an adventure to be lived.
~John Eldredge