Thursday, December 29, 2011

Ruddie, the dog!





I would like to introduce you to the new member of our household, Ruddie the dog!
Carter has been asking and asking for a dog and Troy had talked with me
and somehow convinced me that it would be good for him to have something to
take care of. He went on to sell it by telling me that it would help teach him
responsibility and yatta, yatta, yatta. Troy initially wanted to get him a Chinchilla.
As soon as I saw one, I quickly reminded him of the woman he had married and there would
be no way we would do that. Oh I almost forgot to say that our girl Tori, is allergic to
dogs and cats, so those were out too. Then it happened. On December 23, I popped on my
e-mail and there she was. Guinea pig in need of a good home, for FREE with cage and a few days food too. I don't know what came over me, but instead of hitting the delete button, I popped open the image and there she was staring at me. At this point, I had another choice.....pretend I never saw it or throw it out to the family and get their feed back. Needless to say the price was right for my husband and my boy was thrilled to finally have a pet he could call his own.
We are all still warming up to each other and the whole idea of something else depending on us to keep it alive. We hope we can do it. She is not a dog, but it's as close as we can get.
Who knew?


1 comment:

Kim said...

Wow! Wow! I'm almost speechless. I can't believe you have an animal living in your house! Wow! What fun! I hope it all goes well and that little Ruddie fits in with the family. Congratulations on the new addition. :)

JOURNEY

Life is not a problem to be solved; it is an adventure to be lived.
~John Eldredge