Thursday, October 21, 2010

Europe day 6 Monday October, 18th, 2010

Belgium Castle
Castle grounds



Welcome to Germany
Phone booth
Almost to our destination!
Our room at the Romantik Inn
Co-worker after dinner~business or pleasure:)

We have officially started our driving part of the trip. The morning we finished up in Belgium with a whirlwind tour of a Castle and ended our day with a fantastic dinner in Warburg, Germany. When I say "fantastic dinner", I mean, it was FANTASTIC! Honestly, it was the best meal I have ever eaten in my whole entire life. If only it would have been appropriate for me to take photos of the food I got to eat, I would have. It was food that just stepped off the pages of the best food magazines or shows you have ever seen. (we were with a customer, so I had to act like a proper lady, not so much like a tourist;) This meal deserves a post all of its own. Although, now that I think about it, I'm not really sure what the food was called. I almost forgot how that all went down. HA, funny story. I was looking at the menu, that was all in German, and I couldn't read. Then when it came time to order, I ordered only an "starter" and said that was all I wanted and our hosts and the waitress all looked at me like I was crazy~so being the submissive wife that I am, I looked at Troy and said, I don't know what I should do. So I ended up just saying I would have whatever the wife of our host was having. At this point, I was really nervous, because I had no idea what was going to come out and knew I had to choke it down no matter if I liked it or not. Praise God it was delicious. Our hotel was adorable and wish we could have stayed longer.

No comments:

JOURNEY

Life is not a problem to be solved; it is an adventure to be lived.
~John Eldredge