Thursday, December 15, 2011

Got Plans?


For the last 2 months I have done a meal plan. It has seemed to be working. It started with trying to get a handle on our food budget and eating healthy. You have heard it said, maybe even from my own lips, "It is so expensive to eat healthy." This can be the truth if you don't have a plan. As we revised our budget, we took a look at what we were spending and with the help of some library cookbooks, and recommendations from good friends I have managed to have a very reasonable 2 months. The cookbook I have been using a lot is called, Make it Fast, Cook it Slow by: Stephanie O'Dea. My favorite recipe, so far, has been the baked oatmeal bars. Yummy!
It's always sad when the month comes to an end, because it means I have to plan again. (This is the most challenging part for me.) Which brings me to today. Meal planning afternoon. I try to keep it in perspective and look ahead to the time when the planning comes to a full circle. My hope is once I get a year under my belt, then I can just revise the work I have already done. Who knows maybe it's a, spend wise, eat wise, cookbook, in the making! I laugh to even think that I would be able to put my name in the author spot of a cookbook, but who knows anything is possible. Time to plan.

Joyfully His,
Connie


No comments:

JOURNEY

Life is not a problem to be solved; it is an adventure to be lived.
~John Eldredge