Friday, March 6, 2009

SOL/Connie: 6 AM


For sometime now, I have felt the nudge to get my day started a little bit earlier then normal. The nudge sometimes comes from the Holy Spirit, Troy, or in this case the 2 sweet little children were caring for this weekend. Sleeping is always a concern with little ones, especially when they aren't in there own beds. Laying them down last night went exceptionally well. The baby fell right to sleep in my arms at around 7 pm. What precious days. Then the little one, I laid down at 8 pm. She went down without a peep. We went to bed and I had a taste of victory and high hopes of sleeping peacefully all night. Though it wasn't long and around 11pm, Troy, rolls over and says, "The baby is crying." My response was, "What?" And so he repeated himself, and again, I was a little confused. Then I realized, oh the baby......so I sprang up to see what was the matter, as I tried to recall the list of things to do that was sent with them from their mother. I don't remember her saying anything about 11pm? Then, I began to pray, Oh Lord, please let it only be that I have to cover him up and stick his nuk in! As I stumbled my way in the dark, I opened our creaky door as quietly as I could, only to find a bundle of blankets! Where was the baby? My heart started to quicken as I pulled back the beautiful quilt once used by my kids, and there he was fussing in his sleep. I breath a sigh of relief and straighten out his bedding and he is restful once again. Back to bed I go, hoping to find peaceful rest once again. Next thing I know, I hear a little crying voice, calling for her mommy. Up I spring once again, and peek at the clock only to see the numbers 5:54 AM. In my mind I think that this may be a long day. I make my way to the next room and pick up that sweet child who is wondering where in the world she is and I remind her of her stay at the Hoehne house. She settles quickly in my arms, and rests her head on my shoulder. Should I try to lay her back down or is it really time to get started. I decide to try laying her back down, just for a little bit longer, Lord! Not, today! Today I will start my day at 6AM! When is naptime, anyways?\
Connie

1 comment:

Jane said...

This is a cute story, Connie! You used some phrases that reminded me of The Night Before Christmas:
"sprang up to see what was the matter" is one of them! So cute!

JOURNEY

Life is not a problem to be solved; it is an adventure to be lived.
~John Eldredge